Major insurance companies recognize all members of the NBMA-AMNB as health care providers. The members of the NBMA-AMNB have a longstanding reputation of providing quality care in a professional manner.
NBMA-AMNB has been representing massage therapists in the province of New Brunswick since 1988. It is the first fully bilingual association of massage therapists in the province, and as such represents registered massage therapists in all regions of New Brunswick.
Its members are also part of the Canadian Massage Therapy Alliance (CMTA), the only national body that focuses on representing professional massage therapists in Canada.
Membership in the association is limited to massage therapists who are registered with the regulatory College of Massage Therapists of New Brunswick (CMTNB) as well as students that are pursuing a career in massage therapy.
The association provides the following benefits:
- Liability insurance at discounted rates
- Strict code of ethics
- NBMA-AMNB Infoflash which contains various information
- Receive information on courses for Continuing Education Units
- Free advertising on the NBMA-AMNB website through “Find a Massage Therapist”
- Annual general meeting to allow involvement from NBMA-AMNB members
- Elected Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Student membership at reduced rates
- Bilingual (French / English) services and communications in both languages
- Job bank postings
- Group healthcare benefit plan
- NBMA-AMNB members receive a discounted rate with ClinicSense
- Membership in the Canadian Massage Therapy Alliance (CMTA)